Now that the dust has settled we are pleased to announce that our first Demo Day has been a success. Hosted at our Lab HQ in Huckletree West, White City we took over the Mediaworks building atrium space with the help of White City Place to put on the event with 250 guests in attendance.
The seven companies winning ongoing contracts join David Brown – Go Ahead CEO – on stage after the announcement
At the event Go-Ahead’s Chief Executive, David Brown, announced that seven scale-up companies have been successful in winning contracts to work with Go-Ahead’s bus and rail companies
Contracts were awarded to:
- Airportr – an app-enabled digital service platform that allows passengers’ bags to be checked in from their doorsteps
- Cityswifter – a business intelligence platform using big data and predictive analytics to optimise urban bus networks
- Commuter Club – a financial services company backed by tennis star Andy Murray that retails and provides loans for annual season tickets, allowing customers to pay monthly
- Hygiene pro clean – a complete turnkey solution offering specialist cleaning, infection control and decontamination
- Travel AI – tools generating unique insights into how people use transport infrastructure – capturing seasonality differences, mode splits, predictability and behaviour shift
- Ticketless – account based travel, combined with a frictionless experience for passengers
- Realtime Knowledge – an award-winning workflow and task management company for quick, paperless checks and inspections
The seven above have each been selected to work with one of three of Go-Ahead’s subsidiaries – Southeastern Railway, Govia Thameslink Railway and Brighton & Hove Buses.
Airportr was crowned the overall cohort winner, chosen by the team at Go Ahead and Billion Journey Project and Ticketless by Urban Things was the internal winner, chosen by all the companies on the programme for their contribution to the project.
David Brown, Go-Ahead Group Chief Executive said,
“I am delighted we will be able to further engage with these 7 companies, as we work with them to develop their offering with the help of the great teams at Go Ahead, GTR, SE and Brighton and Hove.”
Ian McLaren – Govia Thameslink Railway CFO – Key Billion Journey Project Sponsor
Our guests enjoyed a sensational street food offering courtesy of Digbeth Diner (Birmignham), Waka, Coco Di Mama & Kamoon