COULD YOUR TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORM A BILLION JOURNEYS?
A 12 week scale-up transport innovation programme focused on helping you scale your company with Go-Ahead and our partners. You’ll receive mentoring from industry leaders, access to Go-ahead data, insights from industry experts and the opportunity to network with Go-Ahead leaders and partners. You’ll get under the hood of the UK’s leading public transport provider and gain deep insights into the opportunities and challenges within the bus and rail industry.
Over a billion journeys are enabled by Go-Ahead trains and buses every year. As one of the UK’s leading public transport providers, we’re passionate about delivering a great experience for our passengers – and we’re on the hunt for innovative businesses to help us get there. Could you be one of them? The Billion Journey Project will be at the heart of our vision to improve customer experience through transport innovation.
2020 marked the launch of Cohort Three – find out more about our contenders here
Hailing from San Francisco, US, this public health-focused startup helps passengers make informed decisions about their travel plans based on air quality impact.
- A behavioural change management system, London-based BetterPoints rewards passengers for journeys made by public transport.
This London-based AI platform helps clients better understand target audiences and how to attract, awaken and educate them by delivering the right content, to the right person at the right time.
A data analytics and visualisation startup based in London, Emu Analytics enables people to make better decisions around routes and capacity to improve our service to passengers.
Based in Bristol, Esoterix helps passengers make journeys by different modes whether they’re on buses, trains or foot.
This Israel-based AI-driven tech company plans and schedules the movements of every vehicle and driver for leading transport operators so that bus routes and frequencies are better aligned with demand.
Started in Denmark, Peakon collects employee feedback, analyses it, then delivers insights that help managers improve their approach resulting in improved employee satisfaction.
A social listening and audience intelligence platform brings all your digital audiences in one place.
This San Francisco-based enterprise software startup works with transport companies and cities to improve passenger information during disruption.
Previous Cohort Two in 2018/19
Following the success of Go-Ahead’s 2nd proof of concept programme for 2018 and a jam-packed Demo Day in 2019, the Billion Journey Project committed to ongoing work with eight out of the ten innovative companies from the cohort. These are:
- Axon Vibe– A smart journey planning service that provides personalised real-time transport updates across a range of modes of transport
- FAIRTIQ – A smartphone-based contactless ticketing service that allows passengers to use a variety of transport on a sole virtual pass
- Route Reports– An intelligent service enabling transport operators to monitor road conditions, onboard environments and passenger numbers
- Ordoo– A mobile phone ordering app that allows customers to order and pay for food and drink ahead of their arrival, saving time and offering personalised loyalty rewards
- Citi Logik– An information service that helps passengers understand how busy their services are likely to be both before and after their boarding
- iGeolise– API that makes location-based data searchable by travel time rather than distance
- Enterprise Bot– An artificial intelligence platform that can resolve roughly 60% of inbound customer enquiries
- Dovu– A blockchain based rewards system that allows passengers to redeem tokens earned by using public transport services
We look forward to developing these ongoing partnerships and continuing our ambition to deliver innovation across rail and bus within the Go-Ahead Group.
Cohort 3 – The halfway point!
Billion Journey Project – on tour!
“To prepare for the future of transport it is vital that we challenge ourselves to innovate and that is exactly the ethos behind Billion Journey Project.”Mark AndersonHead of Commercial Innovation - Go-Ahead
“The Billion Journey Project gives Go-Ahead and our operating companies the opportunity to work with great innovators that deliver new and exciting services that benefit our passengers.
With our passengers taking over one billion journeys a year, we are always looking at how we can better meet and exceed their needs.
Since the start of the Billion Journey Project, we have confirmed contracts with a number of companies like Airportr and Citi Logik. With the new cohort starting later this year, we look forward to meeting the new companies and their ideas to improve the journeys of our passengers. ”Katy TaylorGroup Commercial and Customer Director - Go-Ahead